Sunday, May 27, 2007

Robert Klein Engler




e: RKleinEngler@aol.com

web: RobertKleinEngler.com

Interview: http://adirondackreview.homestead.com/interviewengler.html

NOTE: It is quite possible, and highly probable that much of the information about this person- is self generated. 

Robert Klein Engler lives in Chicago and New Orleans. He is a writer and artist whose work is sometimes characterized as politically incorrect. Born on the southwest side of Chicago, Robert taught many years at Richard J. Daley College, until he was banned by the chancellor. Robert holds degrees from the University of Illinois at Urbana and the University of Chicago Divinity School. He has received 2 Illinois Arts Council awards for his poetry. Just google his name to find his writing on the Internet.

Michael Morgan writing in the Comstock Review says that Robert Klein Engler "...is a poet of the first rank." Another reviewer on amazon.com disagrees. This reviewer says that Engler's book, A Winter of Words, is trash and that "Engler is a conflicted, sad man who likes to sulk in his book." He then adds, "Mr. Engler you are a Eurocentric nutcase and need to go to a mental hospital."

Larry Winfield of Los Angeles, CA writes that "...I must admit my grievous lack of artistic judgment (sic) in publishing Engler's poetry in past issues of Liquid Glyph"...Engler is "the poetry scene's version of Dinesh D'Souza."
" These comments are echoed by Andrew Huff's assessment in Gaper's Block where Huff refers to Engler's writings as a "sublime banquet of bullshit."

2 comments:

vaporacle said...

Hi,

I'm writing concerning a ficticious quote:

In Robert Klein Engler's bio, I am quoted as saying:

"C. J. Laity, editor of ChiagoPoetry.com agrees. “I too published this hateful bag of slime...little did I know I was helping to create a nazi monster who was bent on destroying me and all my friends...There are literally thousands of poets in Chicago who are better writers than Engler...he is simply a rotten human being that (sic) I prefer not to associate with.” "

This is something Engler must have pulled off a messaging board or something and he is completely misquoting me. Engler has a lot of grudges and does this type of stuff often. I have repeatedly asked him to stop taking stuff off my site and using it in his articles, and to stop misquoting me like this in his bios, but I have had no luck.

I would appreciate it if you would not participate in his attempts to slander me. Please take that false quote off you website.

Thanks you

CJ Laity
Publisher, ChicagoPoetry.com

CJLaity said...

I was wondering if the ficticious comments that are attributed to me could be deleted from this page. Mr. Engler pulled something off a personal posting board and has been using it out of context for years without my permission. He is misquoting me and acting extremely unprofessional. Please take all quotes attributed to "C. J. Laity" off this site, as they are phony. Thanks for your cooperation. C. J. Laity.

 
*/ /* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */