Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Charlie Alan Kraft :: Self Portrait






Thoughts on the picture of self portraits: ( self portraits in general )

How very rare to find a self portrait that contains the very music of the artist themselves. Too often do I find myself looking at Hollywood reproductions of what a person is not instead of what a person is, using the self as a way to express entertainment instead of sacrifice. Self portraits should reflect the rawness of the core inside of ourselves. The empty that no one else can see or hear. When I see painting after painting of eyes and smile or smug lips and casual hair I am reminded of nothing and no piece of the painter has been given to me.
Charlie Alan Kraft

You can see more of Charlie Alan Kraft's work at his website. Cool Stuff.

http://www.charliealankraft.com/index02.html#

No comments:

 
*/ /* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */